Monday, December 12, 2011

Is it better to give or receive gifts?

Is it better to give or receive gifts?


      I find the tradition of gifting very interesting. You give something to someone else hoping they would like it. That is why I personally like receiving gifts more than giving them. Some reasons are obvious, like economic benefit. That however is very small reason. Receiving gifts is fun. I like the excitement you get while opening a gift box. I always wonder whether there is a GI Joe inside, from a relative who think I am 10, or a little money because the person did know what to get me. Either way I appreciate both, one more than the otherb. It is also an indication that someone cares about you, maybe not likes, but at least pretends to like you. It is comforting for me and probably everyone in the world. Giving gifts just shows that you care about someone, not the other way around. The other person can be faking, about care, but when you get a gift you know that someone is out there looking out for you. 

2 comments:

Bidushi said...

Overall, I think it is a good post. However, I could pick out several grammatical errors that can easily be fixed. You add humor to your point which makes it all the more enjoyable and easy to understand. You last two sentences confuse me a little. From what I gather, you say that giving gifts shows that you care and at the same time you contradict yourself when you say that people who give gifts can be faking their benevolence. I think if you clear that up, it will be a great post!

dongilchun said...

It is not like I am better than you but I just can't say nice or very good. I think your arguement is not strong enough to convey the reader. All you said is that receiving gifts is better because it is fun and it shows that some care about you. I think these two points can become stronger if you say how and why it is fun instead of just saying you are excited to open gift. Last and most importantly, your answer is not interesting because you dont have any personal story. This also weakens your arguement.